When can I start work?
Once a Full Plans application has been deposited or a Building Notice given, work can commence on site. The Building Regulations require that you or your Builder notify the Council at various stages as listed below.
Please note: Planning permission and/or other approvals may be required before work starts. If in doubt or for advice please contact your local Planning Department before work commences or any of the contacts listed below.
- Planning permission: Contact your local council
- Conservation: Contact your local council
- Scaffold, skip and hoarding permits: 08458 247 800
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO's): Contact your local council
- Southern Water Services Limited: 01962 716 500
- Fire Safety Officers: 01303 227 201
What stages need to be inspected?
- Commencement - In writing at least two days before work starts.
- Foundation excavations
- Foundation concrete laid
- Oversite hardcore
- Damp proof course
- Drains and private sewers
- Testing drains and private sewers
- Completion of work - Within 5 days of completing the work
How do I arrange an inspection?
Inspections can be requested by phone, fax (where available), email or in writing. Please contact your local authority building control office to arrange a mutually convenient time for an inspection.