Services from your Local Authority Building Control office
Our Building Control teams provide help and advice to ensure building projects meet with the necessary building regulations.
Whether you are a large developer undertaking a multi-million pound project or a homeowner carrying out alterations to your property, we will be on hand to support you every step of the way.
In addition we keep extensive records on every property and site in the area so that future owners can confidently plan further work. This helps prospective purchasers ensure that previous work has been approved and inspected.
We ensure certain building standards are met and make sure work is carried out in the correct way.
Once a building application is made we follow a simple step-by-step process:
- We check the architect's plans to ensure the designs are correct and meets the required standards.
- We carry out site visits to check the work your builder has carried out.
- We liaise with you and your builder to ensure all work will meet design and safety standards.
- We visit the site when work begins, and at regular intervals throughout to check everything is on track.
- When completed we also check the work to ensure it meets building regulations standards and issue a completion certificate.