If you have already carried out work to your property and were then advised that you needed approval, this is the application that needs to be used.
For any work carried out after 11 November 1985 it is possible to apply to us for a Regularisation Certificate. The application should include the application form, a plan of the unauthorised work, and a charge. This type of application is exempt from VAT.
After acceptance of the application, we may require the applicant to take such steps as are necessary to ensure that the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations are met. These could include, opening up the unauthorised work for inspection, making tests or taking samples.
We will notify the applicant of any work that is required to be carried out to show compliance or if no work is required.
Should the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations be satisfied or if no work is required, we will issue a Regularisation Certificate.
Download Regularisation application forms from your local Council
- Ashford Borough Council
- Canterbury City Council - Now part of STG Building Control Partnership (see below)
- Dartford Borough Council
- Dover District Council
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Sevenoaks District Council
- Shepway District Council
- STG Building Control Partnership - includes Canterbury, Gravesham, Medway and Swale
- Thanet District Council
- Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council