Full Plans Applications
A Full Plans application is used where detailed plans have been prepared. The plans will be thoroughly checked by us, for compliance with the Building Regulations. If we are satisfied that the plans comply, a notice of passing will be issued. Should further information or clarification be required we will contact you.
The plans need to show full constructional details of the proposed works. This requires a thorough working knowledge of the Building Regulations and construction in general. For this type of application you are advised to seek professional advice if you do not have this knowledge.
When submitting a Full Plans application the following should be included:
- A completed Full Plans application form, along with the appropriate charge (see Quick links below). In the case of a new building or an extension, a location/block plan to a scale of 1:1250 is required.
- Two copies of the plans, (to a scale of not less than 1:100), which should include floor plans, elevations and sections of the existing and proposed works. Where the property is designated under the Fire Precautions Act an extra copy of the plans are required.
Download Full Plans application forms from your local Council
- Ashford Borough Council
- Canterbury City Council - Now part of STG Building Control Partnership (see below)
- Dartford Borough Council
- Dover District Council
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Sevenoaks District Council
- Shepway District Council
- STG Building Control Partnership - includes Canterbury, Gravesham, Medway and Swale
- Thanet District Council
- Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council