Demolition Notices

You do not need to submit a Building Regulation application to demolish a building. However, you are required to serve notice on the Council under Section 80 of the Building Act 1984, for certain buildings. The Council then has 6 weeks to serve a counter notice which will allow the work to proceed. To serve notice on the Council you should complete our 'demolition notice'.

Please note that Planning Permission may also be required to demolish certain buildings and you are advised to enquire further before commencing any demolition.

Download Demolition application forms from your local Council

Quick links to our forms and fess